Sunday, March 5, 2017

Genkifying "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days"

How_to_Lose_a_Guy_in_10_Days

Personally, I cried. I'm at the point in my life where tears come more easily and watched it with a man I can FEEL with. I'm soooo sugoku lucky to have him catch me when I fell. I don't deserve a lot of the bad things that have happened - but I am equally undeserving of the many wonderful things that only 'luck' has brought... I don't know why J did the amazing things he did - maybe, just maybe- he loves me, too =)  I hope my children get to experience this level of awesomeness....
  • Grandma Cinderella started with one ending in mind, but another has surfaced instead. My story will still be truthful, but it will be different than intended.
  •  I have felt like Andie by behaving differently than I am naturally to fill the role I'm expected to play. Christmas 2014 I died. I died after quietly telling anyone who I thought would help me - and I died anyway. I boycotted Christmas 2013 because I was too sick and there didn't seem to be anyone in the family interested in learning enough about diabetes to avoid my kids coming home ketonic... which would cost us a couple days to fix. (Ironically, I had worked very hard with Alex to get him to go and I'm very excited that my dad got to see his son for their final Christmas. ooo - maybe that's why everyone is dogging me. I wasn't there... the problem tho is that I NEEDED HELP. Why didn't anyone ask?) After Christmas my mother and I talked and she relayed Dad's BGs. I explained to her that he would die within a few months if we didn't intervene and she assured me that she would tell my siblings. The conversation came up several more times, but I heard of no one helping him so eventually I offered to have him come stay with us M-F. He said he'd ask his doctor... but the VA would have a bed for him 'soon'. My dad died Spring 2014 while waiting for bed at the VA. (Veterans_Health_Administration_scandal_of_2014) I COULD HAVE FED HIM, but the people who were feeding him didn't understand diabetes enough to help him and he died a completely preventable death and Bob made sure that everyone he told of his death knew that it was Dad's fault Dad died. I don't BLAME anyone for his death, but *I* could have mitigated the damage diabetes was doing to him if ANYONE had listened to ME. Asking "Quietly" wasn't going to be my style anymore.

How many genki colors can I find in this movie in an hour spent at a library computer?

  1. YELLOW :: 
    1. Genkiness rules say aways start with yellow... and look at that yellow dress!
  2. ORANGE :: 
    1. How do they occupy their time? Neither sets out to HURT the other - and in the end, it's only because their original intentions are found out that they are then able to get out of the implied lies that BECAME reality.
      1. "fake it til you make it" isn't bologna. Nazarenes preached "Prayer changes the pray-er". Oprah preached "The Secret". Bob gets meta about energy having feelings (like those pictures of water getting yelled at in Japan.)
  3. RED ::
    1. She behaved OUTRAGEOUSLY! He didn't know he was an experiment. She didn't know she'd fall in love with him for his tolerance.
  4. PURPLE ::

  5. BLUE ::
    1. There are always peers who will help and others who will hurt. She started her experiment to save a friend's feelings. He started his experiment to win a contract. Whomever taught that we aren't supposed to manipulate others is misleading. We just need to manipulate them in a manner than they approve of. J manipulates my emotions all the time - I love it! (most of the time!)
  6. GREEN ::
    1. That fern just needed some water.
  7. WHITE ::
    1. "Vain" - Singing that song in front of everyone was truly a part of who they are just as much as the time spent at the basketball games and playing 'Bolshevik'* with family. "Rightness" and "wrongness" has very little to actually do with it.
  8. BLACK ::
    1. Technically, it was entirely about money for both of them. Until it wasn't....
  9. GREY ::
    1.  "If only I ate MEAT!" - Dietary restrictions are a huge part of who we are. Diabetics need to know what they eat to properly dose insulin. Not as easy as it sounds unless you are doing the cooking.
  10. PINK ::
    1. Visiting family is a big thing because it reveals where we come from. I have a theory about houseplants. I'll buy them, and then I'll treat them how I treat all my houseplants and if they live I keep them! Of course people should be given much more consideration, but where we came from does influences who we are. My children weren't given the sheltered childhood I had hoped to duplicate from my own youth, but they are better equipped for different battles.
  11. CYAN ::

  12. BROWN
    1. Stories have beginnings and endings because otherwise it would run on forever and we'd just call that 'life'. Some beginnings are obvious (Happy Birthday Baby Johnson!). Some beginnings START as endings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment